ARI's SafePORT system uses simulation modeling studies to evaluate the feasibility of ship navigation before large resources are committed to creating or expanding the infrastructure inside a port, harbour or terminal.
Another benefit of the SAFEPORT program is its utility in providing high quality Pilot Training, Tug Master Training and combined Resources Training. All new harbours, or existing harbours in expansion mode, need to take critical decisions with far reaching consequences, regarding their plans for designing and redesigning of channels, berths, terminals, buoyage systems, transit fairways and dredging. The typical elements of a Simulation and Feasibility Evaluation Study are:
- Development of Visual Database
- Development of Hydrodynamic Ship Models
- Development of Electronic Charts
- Development of Radar Database
- Conduct of Simulation Studies
- Data Analysis and Reporting